We provide the following services to the mobile network operators or mobile infra-vendors to address the challenges of mobile network quality and to enhance the end user perspective performances, e.g. throughput, accessibility, and retainability.
The most common performance indicator of LTE network is the downlink throughput; it represents the end-user satisfaction towards the data downloading speeds of the various packet applications – streaming, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) file downloading, HTTP web browsing, etc. For this reason, most LTE network operators regularly perform field tests to measure the throughput of their network and compare it against the competitors’ for performance benchmarking purposes. The benchmarking through extensive drive tests using several User Equipment (UE) simultaneously is considered to be a standard method for a long while as it provides the throughput quantity directly from the network speed testing applications installed on the UE.
However, the benchmarking test using the UE has inherited flaws to become a reliable reference to judge which network is superior to others. Many mobile network operators own multi-layers of LTE network nowadays, which is necessary to accommodate the increasing number of subscribers with more network resource, e.g. natural spectrum and with more satisfied throughput. Under the multi-layer LTE network circumstances, the UE may transit from one layer to another via inter-frequency handover according to the instantaneous RSRP or RSRQ at the given time and location. Therefore, the UE may stay in e.g. layer 1 today but stay in e.g. layer 2 tomorrow.
Moreover, UE based benchmarking is too much result-oriented so that it is not possible to tell the reason or root cause if an operator’s throughput performance is superior to other network or vice versa. There can be several important reasons if an operator’s performance is better such as the RF layer has better RSRP coverage, better G-factor profile, less traffic load or a certain layer is less loaded but another layer is more loaded due to unbalanced traffic distribution and so on. The current benchmarking method cannot tell any of this so that it is really hard for the operators to take any action to improve their network just from the benchmarking reports.
As a breakthrough, we use LTE RF scanner to replace the UE as a test device for benchmarking. The LTE RF scanner is an LTE signal measurement instrument collecting the RF coverage quantities such as RSRP, RSRQ, and SINR of the LTE cells identified from the scanning the PCIs in multiple RF layers in sequence. This method can get rid of UE-based-benchmarking problems. Furthermore, we can provide a detailed analytic benchmarking report which shows all of the RF layers’ traffic loads and potential downlink throughput together with the performance limiting factors automatically.
We provide network design consulting services or LTE and LTE+ mobile networks to achieve quality performances. The advantages of our consulting services are summarized below;
- Deep understanding and analysis expertise based on 3GPP standard and vendor experiences (Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia and ZTE) enables operator to build multi-vendor and multi-carrier network with unified design concept.
- Reflecting the service and area characteristics into network design such as system parameter design, e.g. cell edge performance becomes critical in rural and suburban areas whereas layering and traffic offloading are cardinal issues in urban network design.
- Designing efficient mobile networks which utilize network resource at its maximum for a given frequency spectrum.
We provide LTE/LTE+ network performance optimizations with extensive experiences and expertise in system features/parameters and half-automatic UE & scanner analysis tool.
The scope of our optimization service is listed below:
- Field tests such as drive test, walk test, train ride test, etc.
- Throughput enhancement via SINR improvement and mobility (intra & interFreq. HO)
- VoLTE improvement including VoLTE’s mute problem
- Offloading solution for high traffic in LTE networks
- Cell edge performance improvement using RACH and UL power control optimization
We improve our optimization capability continually through our unique service quality program, SEA.